Summary of role:
We are looking for a highly organised and creative video Assistant Producer (AP) to join Liquona.
You will work closely with our Creative Producers (CP) to support and assist them in all of their activities, and once up and running, we would hope to give you your own select projects to start producing.
What does an AP role look like? Well, whilst our producers are responsible for all of a project, you’ll be taking on some of the roles that our producers are responsible for. Once something is handed over to you, your experience and initiative will equip you to see something through, making decisions, and making progress on the task.
You’ll still be reporting back to the producer, keeping them updated, using those excellent communication skills you have.
Our CPs take full responsibility for each project’s success: From collaborating with our designers on animation concepts, to choosing the right freelancer to direct a TV ad, to scripting a virtual reality experience, to producing an edit, and you’ll be in the middle of it all with them, saying ‘I can cover that bit’.
Who Are Liquona?
Liquona is a creative and ambitious production agency that offers great creative with great customer service.
A friendly team who are, growing, forward thinking, award-winning (both for the business and the work we produce), and a Televisual Top 50 Corporate Video Company.
We are the first UK production agency to be fully Carbon Negative.
We serve a wide variety clients from FTSE 100’s to SME’s across many sectors.
Ready to become an integral part of our talented team?
- To assistant produce moving image projects of all types to a high standard, from start to finish, with areas of responsibility designated to you throughout the entire production process (pre-production, production and post-production). You’ll help our CPs to deliver on our promise to make clients look good, whilst making the company a profit, all done on time, on budget, with minimum fuss, maximum efficiency and a delighted client.
- To pitch in with ideas and creative solutions to deliver against a client’s brief.
- Help writing scripts and running orders, with support initially.
- Producing and directing voiceover recordings when required, with support initially.
- Casting when required, with support initially.
- Selecting and briefing freelancers for a variety of production roles when required, with support initially.
- To support our client relationship director, creative director and producers, with creative ideas for new client pitches, helping to win work.
- Relevant experience as an assistant producer in a similar agency, doing similar work, or as a producer in a related production area looking to transfer existing relevant skills, and to pick up new skills and experience.
- A super organised multi-tasker, able to efficiently and calmly work across multiple projects, all at various stages of production.
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written)
- A phenomenally personable manner; managing clients of all seniorities, motivating and handling creative teams, editors, designers, animators.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Experience of creative ideas and approach
- Either experience of live action production And/Or animation production.
- Proven experience of working to budgets (big and small)
- Project management; delivering against agreed objectives and hitting milestones on time.
- Experience of growing client accounts
- Experience in a medium to large creative agency
- A great working environment with a friendly team in an awesome office
- Hybrid working (we work 3 days in the office)
- 24 days annual leave, plus Bank Holidays
- Pension scheme
- Regular touch-points with management e.g. quarterly breakfast with a company Director
- A lie-in on your Birthday
- Flexible working around core office hours
- Cycle to work scheme
- Dog friendly office
- Regular team events
- Support with professional development (annual performance appraisals and objective setting)
- Weekly self-directed tutorial time
- A budget for personal development and training
- A great Christmas party.
- An annual ‘Team Away Day’ to celebrate everyone’s hard work
- The chance to be part of an exciting, growing business… buckle up for the ride!
Place of Work:
We’re in the process of moving to: Ashcombe House, 5 The Crescent, Leatherhead KT22 8DY
Our brand new office is a swanky, open plan space off Leatherhead Highstreet, and 8 minutes walk from the station, with local street parking also available.
Leatherhead has direct trains to Waterloo (45 mins) and Victoria (40 mins) and is situated due south off of the M25.
c. £28k Based on experience
12 months with scope to extend.
09:00 – 17:30 Monday – Friday
Mon – Weds office days – Thurs & Friday work from home.
As with all film production, occasionally you’ll be required for early starts or late nights, when the job demands it.
Please send us your CV
A covering letter which tells us why you want the job and how you fit the criteria.