10 Amazing statistics for web video
Video on the web is getting bigger and bigger every year with no sign at all of it slowing down any time soon, so we went around the internet to find some great web video statistics that will make anyones jaw drop.
1) People who visit retail sites with videos stay on average two minutes longer those that don’t and are 64% more likely to buy something compared to other website. (Comscore August 2010)
2) With proper optimization a video on your website will improve your Google SEO results by 53 times! (Forrester, January 2010)
3) Over 90% of shoppers of a internet based retailer found video to be very useful in their purchasing journey. (Internet retailer 2010)
4) 60% of business people said they would rather watch a video than read text.
5) YouTube is now the second largest search engine in the world behind Google and plays over 1 billion videos every day and more than 60 hours of footage is uploaded to the site every minute. The average person watches over 182 of online video every month!
6) By 2013 90% of the webs traffic will be video (Cisco 2010)
7) Video email messages get 2-3 times higher click through rates
8 ) Video traffic on mobile networks now counts for over 50% of wireless network traffic.
9) Online video viewers will reach 170 million in 2012!
10) 75% of smartphone owners watch online videos on their smart phones with 26% doing so every day!